In 2017, the Capuchin Soup Kitchen served over 560,000 individuals in total through our kitchens, food pantry and shower program.
- We provided 2,589,751 pounds of food last year to our Detroit neighbors.
- Approximately 1,100 meals a day are served at the Conner Kitchen to working families and seniors.
- Approximately 600 meals a day are served at the Meldrum Kitchen, who serves individuals experiencing homelessness who are often diagnosed with a mental illness and/or substance abuse addiction.
Last year over 33,000 pilgrims came to the Solanus Casey Center to learn and be healed by our brother, Blessed Solanus Casey.
In 2017, our Capuchin friars hear over 22,000 confessions at the St. Bonaventure Monastery Chapel, located next to the Solanus Casey Center.
Over 4,000 retreatants last year were spiritually renewed at Capuchin Retreat.
In Milwaukee, the Capuchin friars have been serving the homeless, hungry and poor since 1968 at Capuchin Community Services.
- Last year over 105,000 meals were served at Capuchin Community Services St. Ben's Community Meal site for an average of 347 meals per evening. Also over 2,000 showers were provided at their Front Door Ministry.
- In 2017, Capuchin Community Services House of Peace site provided 23,170 pounds of food to hungry families at the Emergency Food Pantry. The pantry served over 11,000 individuals, provided formula to 600 infant homes, distributed 2,648 senior stock boxes, and provided bread to over 13,000 people.