The St. Francis Institute Milwaukee is a learning community for spiritual development and formation in the Franciscan tradition.
We will be providing two Summer 2013 presentations....
Hidden Heart of the Cosmos – June 19, 2013
Come to experience an evening reflection and meditation based on creation, the first book of revelation about our Creator. The program facilitated by Br. Jerry Schroeder and Sr. Ann Kelley, will run from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. and will feature a video by Brian Swimme and faith sharing. To register for the event please call 414-374-8841 x 35.
An Evening of Poetry -- July 24th, 2013
Please save the date for our Fall 2013 presentations:
September 21st: The Faith of Solanus Casey with Mike Crosby
October 26th: Francis and Sister Death with Sr. Racel Walker
and Br. Jerry Schroeder
November 23rd: Francis and the Sultan: DVD presentation and
More detailed descriptions are coming.......
St. Francis Institute Milwaukee Directions: I 43, exit North Ave. Turn S on 8th Avenue, Turn E on Brown Street, South on Fourth Street. Parking is in the lot adjacent to the church.
For more information,
The Institute provides:
Our Mission Statement:
“We should immerse ourselves in our theological tradition and enter into
fresh dialogue with it, until it becomes part of the very air we breathe
and forms the structures of our vision
of God, humanity, and the world.”
Our mission is to explore the riches of our Franciscan tradition within an environment that welcomes each participant as both learner and teacher, as sisters and brothers, in order to:
● reclaim the Franciscan vision of reality in a simple, creative and challenging manner
● identify and find new ways of articulating and applying this vision to the concerns present in today’s Church and to the crises affecting the life of our planet in all its forms
● recognize it deep within the human spirit
● bring this vision into dialogue with the signs and questions of our time
● facilitate a dialogue around this vision among all Franciscans, their partners in ministry and the sisters and brothers they serve, beginning with the Province of St. Joseph of the Capuchin Order
● provide resources for on going formation in this vision