Volunteering is a win-win proposition. The work is rewarding, and our guests appreciate (and need) the work done on their behalf. We are grateful for all the volunteers who are taking the time and effort to minister to the people in need.
Please click on one of the following links for further volunteer opportunities: (Please note that because of the COVID-19 pandemic, some volunteer opportunities are currently suspended until further notice).
In Detroit, Michigan:
In Washington, Michigan
In Milwaukee, Wisconsin:
COVID-19 Mitigation Guidelines:
In order to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and to protect your health and the health of our staff, we ask you to implement the following guidelines:
- Please do not volunteer if you or someone in your household is experiencing any one of the COVID-19 symptoms. Also please do not volunteer if you are under quarantine or supposed to be under quarantine.
- You will be asked to complete a standard COVID-19-related health questionnaire before entering Capuchin program premises.
- You will be asked to review and abide with COVID-19 Reporting and Follow-up Guidelines.
- When you are on the Capuchin premises, you must follow CDC-recommended guidelines, including:
- Mouth and nose must be covered with a face mask or cloth covering at all times.
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance from others at all times.
- Wash hands properly with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol)
- No touching of face with hands.
- Cough into a cloth, tissue or your elbow.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.